Once you have DBFit and Jenkins installed and running on the same server, the integration is simple.
- Open a browser to jenkins
- Go to the Jenkins job that you want to integrate and click configure, or copy a previous one, or create a new freestyle job.
- Click “Add build Step” and select “execute fitNesse test”
- Click “FitNesse instance is already running”
- For “fitnesse host” enter
localhost and your port, probably
- Give the name of your target suite
- Check “Is target a suite?”
- For “Path to fitnesse xml results file” put any name you want in
/tmp. This is a bit of a hack but it’s not as though we intend to be running other work on this virtual machine. I used
/tmp/<test Suite Name>.xml
- Click “Add post-build action” and Select “Publish fitness results report”
- Enter the same path that you used as “Path to fitnesse xml results file”
- Save”Build now” to test