Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is the practice of authenticating with a device and a password.
OptimalBI uses MFA with AWS. When you log into an AWS account for the first time, do the following:
- Install Google Authenticator on your phone.
- Click “Identity and Access Management” from the landing page or main menu
- Follow these instructions http://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/GenerateMFAConfig.html
- Open Google authenticator
- In google authenticator click the plus button and choose scan barcode
- Use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code
- back in the console click Ok.
- Enter two consecutive numbers into the AWS console when prompted to do so.