ODE can be configured with a number of databases and schemas. Our standard approaches are as follows:
MS SQL Server
Our existing ODE deployments on SQL Server use several databases and schemas.
- ODE_Stage or ODE_Raw_Stage, with schema “stage”. Tables, views and stored procedures are named <application>__<schema>__<table>
- ODE_Raw, with schemas hub, lnk, and sat. The tables are named <application>__<schema>__<table>
- ODE_Business_Stage, with schema “stage”. Only Raw Vault data could be processed here, e.g. business rules are applied.
- ODE_Business, with schemas hub, lnk, and sat.
It makes sense to keep separate staging databases for raw and business rules logic.
Oracle still has a 30 character limit on object names, so we can’t name the raw vault tables with the multi-part names.
In Oracle we use a set of schemas in a single database:
- one ode_arrival_<source> per source.
- one ode_raw_<source> per source