In ODE terms, a Data Source can be either a Feed from an outside system or the result of a Stored Procedure, which has processed ODE Data into a new form.
In either case, the Configuration Involves 3 distinct Steps:
- Configure the Vault
- Configure the Data Source
- Each Source System is configured, mainly for Documentation / Lineage purposes.
- Each “Source Table” references a Source System and may have logic attached to it in the form of a Stored Procedure.
- All columns for the Source table need to be defined.
- Associate the Source Table to its Vault Structure.